Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Books, books, books. . .


They're here!







And I've had two readings/book signings already!!
First signing at Little Professor Cafe & Books!
You've read a poem already from TSD!
Would you like to hear what the poetry is like in The Nights, The Days? Well, get ready for something really different here: these poems are dream poems (yes, right from my real dreams--isn't that a scary thought) and each dream poem is accompanied by a journal entry from the year 2000 (even scarier) and many of my Savannah buddies are mentioned by real name. (Too scary.)

Here's a sample:

subtract and add

a man allowed his body
to be sliced off

here and there
to aid in the cosmetic
surgery of women
so many times
he was left lumpy

Wednesday, January 26, 2000 7:25 a.m. Fixed a nice lunch both Monday and Tuesday so that we could have a SlimFast dinner. I have dropped five pounds after three days of that, but I'm hungry and thirsty. Tommy and I are both desperate to break the mold of overeating which started at Thanksgiving and hasn't let up yet. Worked on the Bob poem. I think it's better. Courtney brought back the pool key and the other papers. She hasn't made a decision about the house. She also likes Betty's which is a one-level. Email from JV who shares my feeling about BR. Says he's a nice fellow. Says M is gaga over him.

I warned you! Pretty different, huh? I think I've fallen through the genre cracks again with this one. But since everybody is so consumed with weight loss at the beginning of every new year, I thought you might identify to some extent.

Questions? Shout them out!!

1 comment:

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Kathleen,
Good News, so nice to see you out their signing your new books. I would love to have those leaner gender muscles, and, lol... yes that would leave one lumpy.
The new year is a good time to think about weight after all the holiday splurging. Looking forward to hearing more poems.

Message in a Blog

  About twenty Birmingham language arts teachers endured my holding forth yesterday in my current gig as a Road Scholar ...