Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Message in a Blog




 About twenty Birmingham language arts teachers endured my holding forth yesterday in my current gig as a Road Scholar at Alabama Humanities Foundation, “Blogging: The New Personal Essay” This morning I read the Walter Hooper introduction to The Weight of Glory by theologian and teacher C.S. Lewis. This was on the heels of my reading the opening pages of Village Prodigies by poet and teacher Rodney Jones. In both these books the opening pages reek of memory and death; yet I’m drawn to read them simultaneously. Blogs. Sermons. Poems. 

I have my topic sentence: The story of my writing life. BTW, frag. lol

No comments:

Message in a Blog

  About twenty Birmingham language arts teachers endured my holding forth yesterday in my current gig as a Road Scholar ...